Deep Tissue Massage In Bangalore
Deep tissue massage is a therapy aimed at deep muscle tissues and fascia in order to release chronic muscle tension.
How it Works?
Although some of its strokes may feel the same as the ones used in Swedish massage, it isn’t the same as having a regular massage with deep pressure.
Deep tissue massage is used to break down adhesions or muscle knots (painful bands of rigid tissues) which can disrupt blood circulation leading to inflammation and limited movements.
At the beginning of deep tissue massage, a slightly light pressure is usually applied on your body to warm up the body and prepare the muscles. The techniques used are:
1. Stripping – a deep and gliding pressure is applied along the length of the muscle fibers using the thumbs, knuckles, elbow and forearm.
2. Friction – pressure is applied across a muscle in order to release adhesions & realign the tissue fibers.
Will it Hurt?
A deep tissue massage shouldn’t hurt but it’s more uncomfortable compared to the classic Swedish massage. Be free and speak to our massage therapist if the pressure becomes more than your body can handle.
After the massage, ensure that you drink a lot of water periodically to help the body flush out the accumulated lactic acid in the tissues. If you don’t take enough water, your body might feel sore the next day.Although you might drink water and still feel sore,the soreness will go away within a day or so.
Note that you shouldn’t have a deep tissue massage if:
· If you have osteoporosis.
· If you have been diagnosed with blood clots in the past e.g deep vein thrombosis or thrombophlebitis . Also if you have had surgery or chemotherapy recently, it’s important that you first consult with your health physician.
Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage usually focuses on specific problems like injury rehabilitation, chronic pain etc. It’s an ideal massage for treatment of the deep-layered major muscle groups, fascia and tendons. Some of its benefits are:
1. Lowering blood pressure.
2. Treating chronic back pain.
3. Reducing anxiety, stress & muscle tension.
4. Increasing joint mobility.
5. Breaking up the scar tissue.
6. Muscle rehab
7. It can help with labor pain and delivery.
A lot of people usually want instant results just after a single session. Asking for more pressure won’t get rid of all the tensions that your body has built and accumulated over the years. The best results are achieved by a regular massage program.